- Building Brooklyn Awards Cermony [✜]
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce held its annual Building Brooklyn Award ceremony yesterday. Unlike in past years, this year's crop of awardees included some local projects:
- 221 McKibben [sic] St. (historic preservation), circa 1850s and 1930s industrial buildings renovated to create spaces for small manufacturers and artisan studios and soon to be placed on the National Register of Historic Places;
- The Block Building (industrial building) at 41 Box St. in Greenpoint that’s a “contextual fit with the surrounding neighborhood”;
- NYPD Brooklyn Tow Pound (office building) at the Navy Yard. This award, which brought some groans, recognized its design and LEED silver certification “giving a visit to the building a positive twist,” said Doban;
- The Perry Building (National Grid Award) at the Navy Yard, honored as Brooklyn’s first multi-tenanted green building.