Skip to content

Cook Street Affordable Housing Applications

cook_st.jpg

Cook Street Housing, LLC is now accepting applications for affordable housing units in this new development on Cook and Varet Streets, between Broadway and Graham Avenue. If this is like other affordable lotteries in the neighborhood, expect there to be pretty long odds to get an apartment – but you gotta be in it to win it.

The project is in part one of the benefits to emerge (slowly) from the 2005 Greenpoint-Williamsburg Rezoning. Some of the units in the projects represent the offsite component of the 20% affordable requirement at Northside Piers (which also has onsite units). The Cook Street developer has also been marketing their units as the offsite affordable units for upland projects receiving inclusionary housing bonuses. Its unclear whether or not any upland developers have taken advantage of this bonus.

85 Comments

1. patricia mackey wrote:

I think the low-income development is coming along. very beautifully and I’ve seen the housing development on the website internet.Well it looks like they’ll be getting completed with it by the summer. p.s. patricia mackey.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 13:26 | Permalink
  2. Ana Smith wrote:

196-25 PECK AVENUE
    QUEENS, NY11365

Monday, June 1, 2009 at 14:00 | Permalink
  3. Ana Smith wrote:

I hope they don’t discriminate by ethnicity I give out the affordable housing only to the Jew community

Monday, June 1, 2009 at 14:00 | Permalink
  4. George wrote:

The Post Office says that the following is an incorrect address:Cook Street Housing LLC
    Lincolnton Station PO Box 373000
    New York, NY 10037
    The above address is listed on the housing application.
    My client’s application was return “undeliverable”
    Does anyone have a correct address for applications?

Monday, June 8, 2009 at 15:35 | Permalink
  5. D wrote:

i mailes out my application but never recieved anything in the mail about my application being recieved or my application status. does anyone have a contact number for the apartment.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 14:01 | Permalink
  6. C. Renee wrote:

I just received info regarding an interview for the apartments today so look out for your letter.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 22:47 | Permalink
  7. Tara M. Brown wrote:

I would like to fill out an application for an apartment. I have an section8 volucher. i can be contacted @ 718 868-3906. thank you in advance.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 13:51 | Permalink
  8. zurqueida wrote:

just…beautiful thats what it describe it. it is a really good project and i would love to live there.
    congratulation to the architecture.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 18:35 | Permalink
  9. s ullah wrote:

i have won the lottery. and i have gone for an interview. but surprisingly they told me i had been sent an interview letter by mistake.
    i do not believe it. it is just a discremination.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 at 18:18 | Permalink
  10. williams wrote:

hey im sorry to hear what happen especially when you had to get all that information that they ask for together. I still dont understand how they could actually tell you they sent you a letter by mistake to me thats ludacris well god will provide a way for you through it all. In a week im exspected to be present for an interview and i hope this doesnt happen to me cause to me it does appear to be a discrimination issue which is unexceptable. i want to know did they interview you? and after that happened did you try to contact anyone or did go to the building site to talk to anyone ? because someone is there that you can speak to i went there a few days ago but thats totally unfair. let me know

Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 17:11 | Permalink
  11. CNUNEZ wrote:

HEY I WENT FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ALL OF A SUDDEN I WAS TOLD WE ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. EVEN THOUGH WE ARE MAKING THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THIS YEAR SHE WANTS TO CONSIDER LAS YEAR WERE WE MADE 600 OVER THE INCOME. BUT I AM APPLEAING THIS DECISION. SHE TOLD ME THE CONSIDER THE HIGEST BETWEEN YOUR PAYSTUBS AND YOUR LAST YEAR INCOME TAX.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 11:05 | Permalink
  12. Sophie wrote:

How do you know if you were chosen in the lottery? Is there a list of candidates? Do you have any contact information?

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 13:00 | Permalink
  13. Steven wrote:

I’ve sent an application since the end of March, so I’m still waiting for something god willing. Just one question are they filling the apartments up now? and if so, how many are occupied? I would like a contact number.

Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 12:28 | Permalink
  14. WENDY wrote:

HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW OF SOMEBODY WHO ACTUALLY QUALIFIED TO GET AN PAT AT COOK ST AFTER THE INTERVIEW IT SEEMS THAT EVERYONE I HEARD OF HAS BEEN INELGIBLE. AND FOR THE PERSON WHO WANTS THERE CONTACT # LOOK FOR C&C MANAGEMENT YOUSHOULD FIND THE # THERE

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 14:46 | Permalink
  15. JESSICA wrote:

To be brutally honest everyone in this housing organization is all about profileing. Basically if you dont look like the type of people they invision in their building they dont want you, in a nut shell. There has seem to be only asian, indian and jews who they have excepted so far. Dont get me wrong i have no prblem with enthicity but when i tell you that’s what it appears to be. I went in for an interview and felt positive about the interview cause it went well. The interviewer told be exactly from my gross what i qualified for now in less than days a get a letter saying i now make over the program limit, which is crazy and i definately feel mislead, and its soo unfair it just doesnt add up by even my own calculations. But im going to appeal this because i strongly believe there was mishap and i definately deserve a second chance but basically winning the lottery is getting called for an interview if they havent called you i pray for you but it means that your name wasnt selected out of the thousands who applied AND YES PEOPLE DEFINAELY MOVED IN TO THIS BUILDING ALREADY FOR ABOUT 4 WEEKS NOW. THE ONLY THING I CAN TELL YOU IS TO KEEP THE FAITH AND CALL THEIR NUMBERS AND FIND OUT BUT ITS USELESS UNLESS THERE IS AN INTERVIEW SCHEDULED BECAUSE THATS WHO THEY ARE DEALING WITH NOW.

Monday, August 31, 2009 at 21:12 | Permalink
  16. WENDY wrote:

SAME THING THEY DID TO ME. BUT I SENT MY APPEAL SHE CALLED ME ASKED ME SOME QUESTION AND SAID IT MAY WORK OUT AND THAT SHE WILL CALL ME BUT NOTHING YET. YES AND I KNOW WHAT U MEAN ABOUT THE CERTAIN PEOPLE THAT ARE BEING ACEPTED.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009 at 11:59 | Permalink
  17. johey1 wrote:

Interesting! We also received a letter asking for tons of documents to bring to the interview. But did not really seem like an interview because it was more to collect the documents and had us sign a few documents releasing certain information and to give the money order for the credit check. She did not exactly give us any information. I had to keep asking questions: had people moved in yet? Yes but the second building not until the end of the month. Our log number was in the 2000 so I asked if that was the actual number: yes but they did not interview every single person since alot were disqualified off the back.
    She did say that the next step was to process the paperwork and that it would take about a month to a month in a half to get to our number and get back to us. She also said that if we don’t qualify that we would receive a letter in the mail, if we qualify then we would get a phonecall.
    I also noticed when we first arrived at the waiting area, one person was asking for an appeal, and then a second person was letting another one know that she was not accepted but told her to try and good luck. So before we were called I was under the impression that we were being told right off the back based on what happened to those two and what people have posted here. In any case this was our personal experience.
    Has anyone acutally seen a floor plan. Really curious to know if the apts are decent size.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 23:56 | Permalink
  18. JESSICA wrote:

well in answer to that question yes i saw pictures of the apartments two and three bedrooms. The rooms to be honest are small but the kitchen and living are decent sizes. In question too with this appeal what do i have to write them and what documention do i have to give since from the interview all my documentation is already given in or is hopefully still on file. I have three more days to appeal this. I even went up there to the office yesterday and they wouldnt let me see anyone the guard told me there that i had to write a letter which i know to hear from them will take for ever. Please if someone knows what i should do write back in response to my question. To me this whole deal with this building board seems like a catch because so far nobody i know has gotten accepted and i will write to the board about this because it seems no one is getting a fair shot here. All they are doing is misleading you on these interviews making you feel that there is hope because i was told by my interviewer what i qualified for as far as bedrooms to my gross and that it would take only a week to hear back from them if all goes well with verification of employment and credit check and within two days i get a letter stating gross is too high its just bull and so far reading all you guys reviews no one has had a good response from them and if in fact it is a decremination issue i will make a fuss about this matter.

Thursday, September 3, 2009 at 10:35 | Permalink
  19. angela baptiste wrote:

how can i get a application,and how much is the rent for a single person?

Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 13:32 | Permalink
  20. Monique wrote:

Most of the workers at C&C
    Management are young, rude, inexperienced in customer service and dealing with the public. The receptionist can never answer the phone; the individuals that process your paper work can never answer a direct question when asked. All they are interested in is collecting your paper work and if you’re lucky enough to get approved they immediately want you to sign a ridiculous lease with how they want for you to live your life. God for bid you’re in need of an Emergency, they never pick up their lines when you need to reach them directly. Everyone so far i have encountered have given me different information and denies what they said. The city needs to be notified as to what is going on with how ones application is being processed.

Saturday, September 5, 2009 at 14:53 | Permalink
  21. gigi wrote:

I sent out my application but never recieved anything in reference to my application
    I`m hoping that they pick up my application
    because I really need an apartment.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 00:09 | Permalink
  22. JESSICA wrote:

HELLO EVERYONE WELL SO FAR IM STILL AWAITING AN ANSWER FROM MY APPEAL LETTER and whats soo crazy is that not too long after they sent me a letter that i was uneligle i received an interview letter three days after that stating that it was their second and final notice that i need to come in for another interview. This had me in a much confused state because i already went on an interview a month ago so clearly they are not organized and god knows what they are doing or how they are handling my paper work its really annoying. so far no one that i know has got a fair shot in getting an apartment and to be honest this whole confusion and mess that they put you through it turns you off from even wanting to deal with their housing but i know i really and truly need it thats why im fighting it so much. I dont care if i have to go to the board and complain im in this to definately win it even though so far it doesnt appear worth it due to all this hassel. I have one question, did anyone actually get through with them and is now renting an apartment from them? please let me know so i can find out what procedures you had to take? thanks and to those who are still trying im praying for you and good luck and for those you havn’t heard anything yet if its in gods will he will make a way for you.

Friday, September 11, 2009 at 10:16 | Permalink
  23. Genise wrote:

I went for an interview in the end of Aug and Im still waiting for them to call me back. I havent recevied any letter. Does anyone konw how long after the interview do they actually call you back? Also has anyone that been on the interview gotten the apartment?

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 at 15:21 | Permalink
  24. JEREZ wrote:

I heard that there’re closing down the building in December of this year, apparently C&C management cannot handle the too many complaints of the angry community. it such a waste that Dunn Dev wasted $53 million for this project. Everyone do not keep your hopes up find something else.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 16:23 | Permalink
  25. Arwen Del Principe wrote:

Hello, everyone I recieved an apartment on Sept. 20th. I am so happy that I did, there was no problem with the interview. The kind young man accepted me and gave me a tour how lovely! just have faith that you get an apartment soon, and if you dont then hey accept the inevitable 😀

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 16:51 | Permalink
  26. Michele Lee wrote:

I went on my interview on August 10th and was told i needed to submit additonal paperwork which i did. I recieved a call on Sept 25th saying they were still waiting for the additonal paperwork, i informed them that i hand delivered it, anyway i had to resubmit 45pgs. I just got another call today to go view my apartment in the morning, very excited because i had just really given up on these apartments.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 at 18:44 | Permalink
  27. KATE SMITH wrote:

Hi everyone!!
    If you are Spanish or Black please forget it!!! Its not going to happened you will never get an apartment there, they are stereotyping by ethnicity …yeah! People, obvious discrimination in 2009 ((they are trying to change the face of a Latino neighborhood so bad!))

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 23:58 | Permalink
  28. karimah bourjolly wrote:

Arwen Del Principe do u like your apartment??? are they big?? I had an interview the other day…receive a letter saying i dont meet income guidelines…but Im going to appeal it…

Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 15:03 | Permalink
  29. Arwen Del Principe wrote:

Hi, well not exactly the apartment is too small the closet space is so small and tiny. I do not like it at all. I will apply for the Lee thats in lower manhattan. I heard its very upscale than this poor neighborhood ughhhh. Going forward, race has nothing to do with it I am Spaniard/Italian and I got it.

Monday, October 5, 2009 at 13:23 | Permalink
  30. karimah bourjolly wrote:

How do I apply for those…I want a nice big apartment…2 bedrooms,,,,a nice living room….and a kitchen….

Monday, October 5, 2009 at 18:49 | Permalink
  31. Lissy wrote:

Well I just got a call today to bring in my documents. If the closet and apt are as small as you guys say they I might as well stay where I am, but I love the way it looks on the website.

Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 23:41 | Permalink
  32. M.S. wrote:

I need an apartment soon for my children I don’t care how small it is, I pay rent for a a small room. I sent my application in April and I’m still waiting for a call or a letter, if you people don’t need a place to live. why in the Hell do you apply for this apartment if you do not need it, wasting time for people that realty need it, that rent is cheap what do you expect a Mansion?.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 10:56 | Permalink
  33. Genise wrote:

Arwin De Principe, I am from the lower Manhattan and all the apartments are goingt to be studio’s.
    Very small!!1 And aslo the people that are going to be living there are going to be mostly homeless or young adults that are homeless. So do your research!!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at 14:27 | Permalink
  34. Arwen Del Principe wrote:

I never asked for your opinion, and when I do I’ll be sure to ask you 😀

Friday, October 16, 2009 at 12:39 | Permalink
  35. lonie wrote:

I just wantes to say that the ladie who posted a comment about Arwen Del Principe opion about the apartments was a little dramatic. Everyone is entittled to their opion and it shouldn’t be tooken personal. I also got accepted and viewed the apt and didn’t like it . My choice, my preference. I have children myself and I just don’t throw my children anywhere just because . So on that note everdently you have other issues that goes wayyyy beyond just looking for an apartment. Good luck and like she said DO YOUR RESEARCH !

Sunday, October 18, 2009 at 11:26 | Permalink
  36. Halden wrote:

Play nice everyone. Offensive or off-topic comments will be deleted.
    Halden
    (The Management!)

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 14:35 | Permalink
  37. Arwen Del Principe wrote:

Okay Halden I am speaking for everyone here. What is the process so far? Why is “The Management” putting everything on delay????

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 10:57 | Permalink
  38. Halden wrote:

Management of this web site (which is me, and which has absolutely nothing to do with Cook Street houses).

Friday, October 23, 2009 at 11:15 | Permalink
  39. Mich wrote:

I also filled out an application the first day it was posted and yet to recieve and response. Is their a contact number, email address that can provide us with further information on this matter??

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 at 18:33 | Permalink
  40. Stephanie wrote:

Hi I also have completed an application for the following development earlier this year. However I have’nt heard or recieved any notification in reguards to my application being accepted or processed. Their is very little detail on offical website for applicants to follow up on. Lets jus keep our fingers crossed & pray all goes well in due time!!

Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 11:17 | Permalink
  41. Liliya wrote:

hi!Could somebody please give actual size for bedroom and living room .thanks

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 14:41 | Permalink
  42. omar wrote:

i work in the parking garage under the 21 cook street building and I would like to know how can i get an apartment for me and my family..

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 21:35 | Permalink
  43. johey1 wrote:

Here is a website of the layout of the building and the floor plan
    For those inquiring about applying, the application date is over. If you go to the official site you can still download an application but the date to send it in was in the spring. So right now they are processing the applications via lottery that they have received.

Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 00:07 | Permalink
  44. Liliya wrote:

johey1!Thank you very much!

Thursday, November 5, 2009 at 15:53 | Permalink
  45. Jennifermnyc wrote:

I applied for these apartments and was chosen. I don’t think it’s based on race because the majority of people interviewed were black or Hispanic. I haven’t seen the apt yet, but, I will definitely let you know whether it’s worth your money.

Monday, November 9, 2009 at 17:42 | Permalink
  46. IVETTE wrote:

HEY GUYS JUST RECIEVED MY INTERVIEW LETTER TODAY!! FROM WHAT IM READING FROM THE POST U GUYS ARE MAKING ME NERVOUS !!! I SAY IF ITS MEANT TO BE IT WILL.. SO WISH ME MUCH BLESSING 🙂

Friday, November 13, 2009 at 20:19 | Permalink
  47. Jennifermnyc wrote:

The apartments on Houston and Pitt are in a “poor” neighborhood as well. That’s the point of these buildings;to provide housing for working families in up-and-coming neighborhoods. The neighborhood is not poor, the building inside is beautiful and it would be a pleasure to live in a growing community. Also, the apartments aren’t large (what do you expect?) however, the rent is cheap and in this economy it’s a privilege. Anyone who can get in- take it! I highly doubt that race is a factor in renting. HDC wouldn’t risk their reputation by profiling prospective tenants. They want working, responsible people in this building.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 11:45 | Permalink
  48. George Fern wrote:

Hi, I went to the interview/ documentation drop off and was told i would be notified in 2 wks. The studio size is 11.5×18. The whole paper work process was exhausting. I am praying I receive the apartment. Anyone who was accepted how long did it take for them to contact u?

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 21:07 | Permalink
  49. Cin Stron wrote:

Does any one know the measurments of the 2 bedrooms?

Friday, November 20, 2009 at 23:48 | Permalink
  50. Martin wrote:

Hello!
    I received a letter telling me about the interview, which is going to be next week. I am very exited and a little bit worry, after reading all these comments. Worry if I am going to be able to get my apartment. I went over throught all documents they need and check if everything is ok, and it is (I think). I applied for 2-bedroom apartment.
    How does it work? If everything goes well on the day of the interview, am I gonna be taken to see the apartment the same day? Or it happen the other day?
    How about the garage? I know there is a garage – will I have to pay for it? Or its for free for people living in the appartmets won in the lottery?

Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 11:52 | Permalink
  51. Cissy wrote:

Hi, I went to the open house last Saturday from 10-12pm. From what I see there, the kitchen and living room size are okay, but bedroom size (square size) is a little small (don’t think it is good for a king size bed). They have park lot, but it is by lottery only, and they charge $99/month. They also have a laundry room, which mean you cannot have your washer at home. Total of 9 floors, each floor has 9 apartments. I am going to have the interview this week, but I think my household income is a little over. Well, I hope this information helps.

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 10:29 | Permalink
  52. ivelisse wrote:

IM STILL WAITING PATIENTLY FOR MY LETTER FROM THE MANAGMENT AND IM WONDERING NOW IF THEY ACCEPT UNEMPLOYMENT AS INCOME IF ANYONE CAN LET ME KNOW PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ANSWER MY QUESTION THANKS

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 09:15 | Permalink
  53. Jen wrote:

Great News! I got my apartment I will sign the lease this week. If everything goes well on the interview they will ask you to view the apt on the same date or to schedule a viewing. That’s if you immediately qualify. If you’re missing paperwork OR they are hesitant about considering you, they will respond with “we will notify you withing two weeks if you qualify”. Meaning it’s hit or miss. I’m not sure whether you would qualify with unemployment, but, you should try anyway. I’M EXITED and I wish you all the best!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 at 14:46 | Permalink
  54. julia wrote:

On November 10, 2009 i had an interview. Prior to my interview i just happen to run across this particular website. I read alot of negative comments and i felt sick to my stomach. Well, getting back to the day of my interview. I felt a weirdness in my stomach, like something was not right. My application stated 3 bedrooms, they said they were no more 3bds in both buildings all they had were 2 bedrooms available. They said i would have to put my name on the waitlist for a 3 bedroom apartment, which i didn’t, after the long, gruesome process, i felt if i requested a 3 bedroom apt. i should be offered a 3 bedroom apt. at the time of the interview. I felt some shadyness going on. Anyway, after about a 7 minute interview, after waiting at least 2 hrs for the interview, they told me they would contact me with a letter within 2 or 3 weeks stating my eligiblity or ineligibilty. Well heres the shadyness. On Friday the 13th of November, got a letter in the mail from these people. The letter was dated November 10th, the same day of my interview, stating my ineligibilty. How shady is that! God don’t like ugly!

Friday, November 27, 2009 at 13:46 | Permalink
  55. julia wrote:

I was wondering if anyone out there that went through the interview process was asked to submit the $25.00 money order. At the time of my interview i had the $25.00 fee in cash, however, i was never asked for the fee at all so does that mean my ineligibilty for the apartment is null and voided? Shady! Shady! Shady!

Friday, November 27, 2009 at 14:13 | Permalink
  56. Maria wrote:

Julia to answer your question, everyone that goes in for an interview has to pay a $25 (credit check) money order; it was stated on the interview cover letter. It also states that it is non-refundable. If you feel that they were unfair with you then you should appeal the decision. I guess everyone has received different responses from the management company. I can’t agree because my experience was positive. But I encourage you to appeal and there are a lot of 2 bedroom apts left, I think the 3 bedrooms were the first to go.

Friday, November 27, 2009 at 19:42 | Permalink
  57. JULIA wrote:

IN RESPONSE TO U MARIA I KNOW THE $25.00 MONEY ORDER WAS FOR THE CREDIT CHECK MY POINT WAS IF THEY DID NOT CHECK MY PAPERWORK CORRECTLY THEY SHOULDN’T HAVE MADE A DECISION UNTIL THEY HAD ALL PAPERWORK. HOW CAN U MAKE A DECISION IF ALL OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ARE NOT IN ORDER.

Saturday, November 28, 2009 at 05:26 | Permalink
  58. Martin wrote:

Hey!
    So I went for the interview, unfortunately I didn’t get my apartment. I qualified when they looked at my last tax income, however they also predicted my future income based on mine and my wife’s last 6 checks form current work. And it came out that we are going to break their range (it was from $36000- $41000, dont remember exact) for about $15000. Saying that their estimation based on last 6 checks is irrelevant because I can lost my job anyday – so my wife, didn’t help. At least now I know how to deal with this kind of interviews… Prior to the interview make your checks (you receiving every week) lower – talk to your boss about that – and I am sure he will help with this 😉
    Someone asked about unemployment – yes, they do count it.
    And last but not least- Money order: my money order cost me $50, however noone asked me about money order, I didn’t bother as well, so I took my MO back with me 😛 At least something.
    Greets and good luck people!

Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 13:28 | Permalink
  59. Maria wrote:

Hey, no need to get angry at me. I was responding to your question. Clearly stated on all documents that even if you are eligible or not the money order is taken (unless, you’re as lucky as Martin). Anyway, as soon as you walk into the interview they screen you and my credit check was pulled before I even walked into the interview. If you’re not content with the result, you should appeal. Something was obviously off. Ex: if you don’t have all the required documents then you could be disqualified on the spot or you’re credit report was pulled, etc (not saying that was your case; just making an example). I’m definitely content and followed all instructions and move in next week. I wish you the best of luck and if you appeal you can definitely get the apt. I know of many others who were initially rejected, appealed and are now moving in.

Monday, November 30, 2009 at 16:25 | Permalink
  60. Maria wrote:

Monday, November 30, 2009 at 16:27 | Permalink
  61. Jen wrote:

Hi CIssy,,
    You said they had a open house?Meaning anyone could had apply? I was told only the people that had submitted the applications back in may were the only one eligible.. Do you know where I can information on how to apply or get an interview??

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 10:44 | Permalink
  62. Cissy wrote:

Only the people who did the application back in May, and win the lotto # (choosen randomly) were able to attend the open house. The application cycle closed already, and I was told that they want to move everyone who was eligible by end of december. I thought you signed your lease and got the apartment already. Well, I went to the interview last week, but I think my chance of getting an apartment was pretty low.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 19:04 | Permalink
  63. Jen *Original* wrote:

Cissy,
    I posted a comment stating I had received my apt. The Jen you’re referring to is someone else who used the same name. I went through the procedure and received my apt 2 weeks later. Sorry for the confusion. I will change my name (for posting purposes).

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 15:29 | Permalink
  64. julia wrote:

This comment is for Maria. I don’t know why you think i’am angry at you. I never implied that i was angry at you. To correct you in what you said in your last comment, i did have all documents at the time of my appointment. When i arrived, like you i submitted by all my documents but the sign said, money order or check which at the time i didnt have any. I had cash. I am happy that you got an apartment. I am justing telling my experience at the interview.

Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 14:53 | Permalink
  65. Cissy wrote:

denied my application because household income exceeded the limited range. I tried to email the contact person, they OPENed and READ my email on last Friday, but still didn’t give me a reply for my question regarding appeal until today. You now can see how professional are they. Money order is another rip off because they may just deny you once they see your income which is over the limit, and just cash in the money order instead using the money to do credit check.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 13:07 | Permalink
  66. Jen *Original* wrote:

I finally received my keys and I started moving into the apartment. The tenants that have moved in so far seem respectable and everyone stays inside. The apt has a walk-in closet and I’m excited about the kitchen and master bedroom. Not huge! but very comfortable for a family of 3 or 4 Word of advice for those who want to appeal and want the management company to answer. When you call, do it once, and be very detailed. They will NOT call you if you nag (not implying that anyone here does) Always fax in your documents as opposed to mailing them. And last but not least, if you don’t qualify for this property you should apply for Palmer’s Dock or Schaefer’s landing. This management company has various buildings which are more attractive than this one.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 at 22:41 | Permalink
  67. desiree wrote:

In Response to the housing lottery how is that people get selected? Can someone give me Feedback

Monday, December 28, 2009 at 17:34 | Permalink
  68. desiree wrote:

I resd your response Jen this is Desiree and its seems you know about affordable housing developments. I think I mailed my application around Late May.and still nothing is these developments for working people or section 8?

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 18:24 | Permalink
  69. mary wrote:

can u give correct application address and address of form

Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 16:39 | Permalink
  70. I LIVE IN COOK ST HOUSING BUILDIN AND THE BUILDIN IS NICE BUT WE CAN’T HAVE ANY PETS.WE CAN’T PUT HOLES IN THE WALLS I FELL LIKE WE CANT TOUCH NOTHING BECAUSE WE HAVE TO PAY FOR EVERYTHING. THEY HAVE A SUPER WHO DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING.THEY COMPLAINED ABOUT ME HAVE MY DOG BUT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE PETS IN THE BUILDIN BUT IT WAS A PROBLEM FOR ME. SO NO PETS IN AREA WERE THEIRS DRUG DEALIN GOIN ON GANG BANGING ROBBERIES AND FOR BE TO BE SAFE ALL I WANTED WAS MY PET FOR ME AND MY FAMILY.THEY GIVE US NO HEAT IT’S ALWAYS FREZZING IN HERE 3 WASHING MACHINES ONE IS BROKEN WE TELL THE SUPER HE TELL US DONT TELL ME CALL THE NUMBER ON THE PAPER I REALLY DONT LIKE THE SUPER OR THE MANAGEMENT OFFICE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT WAT WE GO THOUGH AND I’M FROM THIS AREA AND BEEN ROB BEFORE BEAT UP BUT WE ARE SUPPOSE TO FELL SAFE JUST WITH THE SUPER LIVING IN THE BUILD NO PETS BECAUSE THEY ARECATERING TO THE JEWS THAT LIVE UP THE BLOCK

Saturday, January 2, 2010 at 17:36 | Permalink
  71. desiree wrote:

Mary, the website is C&C mangers it should give you all the information you need.
    I read the response about not having pets. I think that is not fair. Did they state that on the lease? Me and my boyfriend mailed our applications but we were not selected in the lottery. As I read the comments people are not satisfy with the outcome of cook st.

Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 19:04 | Permalink
  72. Lizzy wrote:

Around May o June 2009 they call my parents just to vertified if the information is correct, They told my dad she will be recieving a letter soon, Today is January 2010 and she still waiting on that letter, I feel bad because they have soo much fait that they going to get an apartment there. Dunno what to do i need the management office number please ??

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 11:30 | Permalink
  73. crsytal wrote:

YWS, THE MANAGEMENT OFFICE IS 212-348-3248 AND PRESS “0” TO GET SOMEONE FROM THE FRONT DESK. YOU SHOULD TRY TO APPEAL THAT!

Thursday, January 21, 2010 at 15:30 | Permalink
  74. Lizzy wrote:

Thankyou soo much, ill be calling in today .. havea nice day

Friday, January 22, 2010 at 10:19 | Permalink
  75. Maria wrote:

It’s always cold in the apt…the neighborhood doesn’t seem too bad

Friday, February 5, 2010 at 12:39 | Permalink
  76. Maria wrote:

The lease did state that there aren’t pets allowed in the bldg. So before someone signs a lease, you need to read what you sign. If you wanted a pet you had to discuss it with the management company. When you finalize the paperwork at the management office. They “specifically” tell you not to call the super, call maintenance at the management company. So, we really need to learn how to read the fine print. The super cannot do anything without the authorization of C&C. All of this was stated by the person who interviews you.

Friday, February 5, 2010 at 12:47 | Permalink
  77. Annie wrote:

I was picked for lottery, submitted all documentation on interview to prove I would be eligable. I then recieved a letter in October, months after the interview stating I wasn’t eligable. I appealed by fax and by mail to correct the error made on Employment verifications(not sure if errors of calculations were done by C&C or employer) for me and my daughter. I have yet to recieve any follow up from C&C, after several attempts all voicemails are left unanswered, very disappointed by there custumer service.

Saturday, February 27, 2010 at 19:45 | Permalink
  78. Maria wrote:

I just saw that these people are selling affordable housing for $3000 that is crazy! Instead of renting to working people that really need it they trying to make money? You know there will come a judgement day for these people GOD does not like ugly! I really feel sorry for this agency! They denied me and I make a good salary. Anyway I got approved for housing. So it don’t matter. I just feel bad for the ones who do need housing and can’t get it for stupid reasons. What comes around goes around.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 17:14 | Permalink
  79. Maria wrote:

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 17:14 | Permalink
  80. tabitha c.walker wrote:

i live in florida but i love new york.and i would like to fill out an application.and get out of florida it is so boring here.and i have two little girls that are ready for new york life.please email me!

Thursday, May 6, 2010 at 11:18 | Permalink
  81. Amy Stevens wrote:

I put in application well b4 deadline and havnt heard anything i still need 3 bedroom apt y wasnt i called or sent a letter telling me sumthing

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 14:03 | Permalink
  82. Victor H. Haagensen wrote:

Why would you delete people’s comments HALDEN??? They are simply voicing their own opinions on how they feel. If you seem to have an issue then you might as well close down the site.

Sunday, November 28, 2010 at 20:22 | Permalink
  83. Halden wrote:

I haven’t deleted anyone’s comments.

Sunday, November 28, 2010 at 20:53 | Permalink
  84. Clara McKoy wrote:

I’m in the shelter system my social worked said that C&C realty has Studio’s for $630 at that time I was at Broadway House for Women call Camb they have tranfered me to an other shelter which is called BRC Hope.Health. Home. Women’s residence at 85 Lexington Ave BKLYN NY 11234 I am wondering if my paper work that the case manager send to you is still on file before I left Broadway House she said for me to wait until you call did she give C&C my information

Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 15:01 | Permalink
  85. Olgq acevedo wrote:

I want to get in on onecoff low income housings its me and my 21 yearvold daughter i get a month 733.00 in ssi and she in the borad of education working plz response
    Olga