In a follow-up to the historic bicycle parking peninsula at Bedford and North 7th, NYC DOT is now proposing 5 additional bike parking peninsula in Williamsburg and Greenpoint. The Bedford/N7 site is the first time the city has taken away automobile parking to create bicycle parking – and these five sites will do the same. This is very good news, though you expect objections from people who park cars.
The new locations are:
- 552 Driggs Avenue, corner of North 7th Street
- North 5th Street and Bedford Avenue, southwest corner
- Kent Avenue at North 8th Street
- 560 Manhattan Avenue, at Driggs Avenue
- Grand Street and Bushwick Avenue
DOT will be making a presentation on this proposal at next Monday’s Community Board 1 hearing. The cut off to sign up for public testimony is 6:15.
Where: CB1 Public Hearing. 211 Ainslie Street.
When: Monday, 10 September 2007. 6:30 pm.